After testing the Ruger American Predator, this latest announcement from Ruger has me pretty stoked. If what they did on the RAP is any indication, this new rifle looks to be a nice little tack driver.
MSRP is a bit high at $1399, but the street price should be just under $1,000 if my guess is right. That’s still pricey, but if this gun performs along the same lines as their budget-models I do expect to see sub 0.25 MOA performance with match ammunition.
Ruger is excited to announce the introduction of the all-new Ruger Precision Rifle. An in-line recoil path bolt-action rifle, the Ruger Precision Rifle is highly configurable and offers outstanding accuracy and long-range capability. In production now, the Ruger Precision Rifle is available in .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, and .243 Win.
• Medium contour (.75’’ at the muzzle) barrel features 5/8’’-24 threads. Thread protector installed.
• Highly accurate cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with Ruger 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum-headspace and centralized chamber.
• Supplied with Samson Evolution Keymod Handguard. May be configured with any AR-style handguard.
• 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
• “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
• Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
• In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
• Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge
is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock.
• Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
• Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
• Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
• “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging and are Type III hard coat anodized
for maximum durability.
• Multi-Magazine Interface functions interchangeably with M110/SR25/DPMS/Magpul® and AICS magazines; supplied with two 10-round Magpul® PMAGs.
• Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench of stored in the bolt shroud.
• Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.